Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Realfood April 2001
Make and share this Ginger, Lemon and Garlic Swordfish Steak. recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cm gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 swordfish steaks
- Place ginger and garlic in a small bowl and mix together to form a paste. Add the lemon juice, spring onions, chili and oil, then mix again.
- Add swordfish steaks and coat well with the mixture. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on grill rack. Grill for 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Drizzle with remaining marinade and serve with new potatoes, lime wedges and mixed salad.
I substituted the green onion with sweet purple onion. I doubled the recipe and was really worried that the 4.5 CM (1.7 Inches) of Ginger Root would over power the garlic and the dish. It seems the lemon juice really equalizes the flavors and the swordfish steaks tasted wonderful! I marinated for 20 minutes. I will do this one again.
The other day I bought two nice thick swordfish steaks at the grocery store and was looking for a good way to prepare them. I decided on this recipe as it seemed quick and easy and it was. The marinade was delicious however, I could have gone a bit more spicy but I like lots of spice. 'Twas a big hit and I will certainly make it again. The marinade complimented but did not overpower the taste of the swordfish. Thanks for posting!
Great! The amounts I used were approximate (like 2 1/2 inches ginger root and 1 T red chilli sauce), so it was spicy, but complimented the firm swordfish really well. I used a normal onion and pan fried it with the marinade, would certainly do it again.