Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Realfood April 2001
Make and share this Ginger, Lemon and Garlic Swordfish Steak. recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cm gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 swordfish steaks
- Place ginger and garlic in a small bowl and mix together to form a paste. Add the lemon juice, spring onions, chili and oil, then mix again.
- Add swordfish steaks and coat well with the mixture. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove fish from marinade and place on grill rack. Grill for 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Drizzle with remaining marinade and serve with new potatoes, lime wedges and mixed salad.
The other day I bought two nice thick swordfish steaks at the grocery store and was looking for a good way to prepare them. I decided on this recipe as it seemed quick and easy and it was. The marinade was delicious however, I could have gone a bit more spicy but I like lots of spice. 'Twas a big hit and I will certainly make it again. The marinade complimented but did not overpower the taste of the swordfish. Thanks for posting!
Great! The amounts I used were approximate (like 2 1/2 inches ginger root and 1 T red chilli sauce), so it was spicy, but complimented the firm swordfish really well. I used a normal onion and pan fried it with the marinade, would certainly do it again.
Fabulous swordfish recipe! The lemon flavour dominates but doesn't overpower the ginger or garlic. I would have liked a bit more chili, but everyone else liked it as written. The swordfish is essential for this recipe. It was meaty and juicy. Yum! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 4.