Recipe by **Jubes**
A simple stir-fry. Serves 4. We have cooked this successfully on the BBQ plate. To make this dish gluten -free ensure your soy sauce and herbs are labelled as gluten-free. In Australia, Fountain brand soy sauce is currently gluten free, as are most tamari sauces and some Japanese soy sauces. (Check the labels carefully.) Serve over rice or noodles
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Great recipe for a busy weeknight -- I had dinner on the table in well under an hour. I used chicken thighs and made the marinade as written (using rice vinegar). Garlic is not noted in the ingredient list, so I guessed and used two large cloves. Also varied some of the veggies based on what I had on hand. Snow peas for green bell pepper, a leek for the onions and Chinese cabbage for the bean sprouts. My only major change in future would be to add a chopped chilli. We all thought it need just that bit of kick. Non-chilli fans would think it perfect as is. Thanks for posting and making dinner so easy for me at the end of a super busy day.
- 500 g thinly sliced lamb fillets or 500 g thinly siced chicken breasts or 500 g chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced (US-bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced or 6 use 1 large onions, finely sliced
- 200 g bean sprouts (I just usually add a handful)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the prepared meat into a dish. Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sherry/rice wine. and tomato puree or sauce. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan, wok or on a BBQ solid plate. Drain the meat (reserve marinade) and stir-fry for approx 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicums and stir-fry anothe 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions, beansprouts and reserved marinade. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.