A simple stir-fry. Serves 4. We have cooked this successfully on the BBQ plate. To make this dish gluten -free ensure your soy sauce and herbs are labelled as gluten-free. In Australia, Fountain brand soy sauce is currently gluten free, as are most tamari sauces and some Japanese soy sauces. (Check the labels carefully.) Serve over rice or noodles
- 500 g thinly sliced lamb fillets or 500 g thinly siced chicken breasts or 500 g chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or 2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree or 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced (US-bell pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced or 6 use 1 large onions, finely sliced
- 200 g bean sprouts (I just usually add a handful)
- Place the prepared meat into a dish. Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sherry/rice wine. and tomato puree or sauce. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan, wok or on a BBQ solid plate. Drain the meat (reserve marinade) and stir-fry for approx 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicums and stir-fry anothe 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions, beansprouts and reserved marinade. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.