Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a great cheesecake for company or family, if they are lucky!
- 2⁄3 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- long thin strips of lemon, zest of, candied (optional)
- 1 cup yogurt cheese (see my recipe for yogurt cheese) or 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 kiwi, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the diced ginger and melted butter.
- Pat evenly over the bottom of a 8 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender whirl ricotta cheese, egg whites and lemon juice until mixture is very smooth.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt cheese, sugar, grated lemon peel and vanilla.
- Add ricotta mixture and stir until well blended (this will be thin).
- Pour onto cooked crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
- You want it cooked but the center barely jiggly.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around the rim and place in the fridge until cooled.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool overnight.
- Right before serving remove rim and arrange kiwi slices around the edge of cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining ginger and candied lemon strips.