This is a yummy recipe that makes for a great treat. The original recipe calls for cream or 'mock' cream to sandwhich the kisses together with, but I have a slight variation and I use a nice custard filling to sandwhich them together! :)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Beat eggs until thick and mix in alternately with sifted flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Bake small spoonfuls on greased trays for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool down completely then sandwhich together with custard filling.
- For the custard filling, mix icing sugar, custard powder and butter in a bowl until combine.
- Add little bits of milk into the bowl to make the mixture turn into an icing. Don't make it too runny, but if you do, simply add in more icing sugar.
- I found that when I sandwhiched the kisses together they didn't stay together and the custard filling ran a little bit but it tasted so good! So I wrapped the kisses with cellophane and let the filling set! : ).