1/1 Photo of Ginger Kisses
This is a yummy recipe that makes for a great treat. The original recipe calls for cream or 'mock' cream to sandwhich the kisses together with, but I have a slight variation and I use a nice custard filling to sandwhich them together! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups standard grade flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan.
- 3Stir over a low heat until butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Beat eggs until thick and mix in alternately with sifted flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- 5Bake small spoonfuls on greased trays for 10-12 minutes.
- 6Let them cool down completely then sandwhich together with custard filling.
- 7For the custard filling, mix icing sugar, custard powder and butter in a bowl until combine.
- 8Add little bits of milk into the bowl to make the mixture turn into an icing. Don't make it too runny, but if you do, simply add in more icing sugar.
- 9I found that when I sandwhiched the kisses together they didn't stay together and the custard filling ran a little bit but it tasted so good! So I wrapped the kisses with cellophane and let the filling set! : ).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Kisses
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: