Recipe by Gaia22
Yummy, easy, addictive side dish that complements a wide variety of Asian and Fusion dishes! I use a microplane to grate my ginger, and a spoon's edge to easily [& not wastefully] peel it.
- 22.18 ml canola oil or 22.18 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 22.18 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml jasmine rice
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice with water until water runs clear.
- Heat butter or oil in pan over medium to low heat. Saute garlic, ginger & salt for about a minute at most or until fragrant. Add rice and stir well.
- Add liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice tender.