Recipe by gailanng
Spoon over cream cheese, spread on biscuits or serve with bacon wrapped shrimp. Even though it uses 1 cup of jalapenos, I find if the jalapenos are seeded and deveined that it is mildly hot.
- 3 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, mostly drained
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers (keeping the seeds and membranes make for a hotter jam) or 1 cup other hot pepper (keeping the seeds and membranes make for a hotter jam)
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid fruit pectin (6 ounces total)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple, both hot and red peppers, ginger and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn’t stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not boil longer than 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Skim off any foam.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of the top. Process for 10 minutes in the canner.