Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is posted in response to a request. I found it on www.recipesource.com
Top Review by Dawn's Karma
Yummy. Used this icing on Tutti -Fritti Cake #153831. Excellent combination. I used lightly salted butter, because that is all I had on hand, and used 2 tbsp of ginger. Will certainly make again.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon thinly slivered candied ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
- Add the candied ginger.
- Spread on top of a spice cake such as carrot, banana, pineapple, etc.
- Spread best when cake is still warm.
- Enough for a sheet cake to serve 9 or 12.