96 hrs 15 mins
48 hrs 15 mins
For a festive touch, wet the rims of tall glasses and dip in a mixture of finely chopped crystallized ginger and sugar. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Outdoors Series, Beach House Cooking by Charles Pierce (Time-Life Books, 1999).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the ginger in a large, nonaluminum bowl.
- 2Pour in 4 cups of the water, cover and let stand undisturbed for 48 hours.
- 3Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place over a saucepan.
- 4Strain the ginger water through the sieve, then add the sugar to the saucepan.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, undisturbed, for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat, stir in the tea and cover.
- 7Let steep for 5 minutes.
- 8Strain into a large, heatproof pitcher and pour in the remaining 6 cups water.
- 9Stir well, cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- 10Pour over cracked ice in tall glasses.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: