Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not really "hot" wings, but still tasty. From Food & Wine.
Make and share this Ginger-Honey Hot Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 lbs chicken wings, and drumettes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt, Sichuan peppercorns and five-spice powder. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Spread the chicken on the baking sheet in a single layer and spray with vegetable oil. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning once or twice, until browned and crispy. In a bowl, whisk the hot sauce with the butter, soy sauce, honey and ginger until combined. Add the chicken wings to the sauce and toss. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.