A quick and easy low fat and low carb recipe adapted from a weight loss tracking website's newsletter.
- In a small saucepan combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Over high heat cook until mixture reduces by half. Set aside to cool.
- Spray the grill grate with non-stick spray or wipe down well with oil, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chops on each side for approximately 4 to 6 minutes depending on thickness. Brush the honey mixture on both sides of the chops and grill 2 to 3 minutes more on each side.
- Remove from grill and place chops on platter. Drizzle the remaining honey mixture over them and serve.
The combination here looked so appealing I had to tr it but needed to make some changes to adapt it for city dwellers who rely on indoor grills which fare poorly with sweet sauces. (Oh the mess.) To do so I cooked the chops on the indoor grill and cooked for 3 minutes; while the chops were cooking I prepared the glaze as directed but in a large skillet cooking until it just began to bubble before reducing the heat a touch. The partially cooked chops were placed in the skillet and cooked for an additional 5 minutes turning frequently so both sides of the meat soaked the sauce which thickened into a sticky glaze. Served the chops with a little glaze on top. Really quite easy and well worth the two step effort. The result is the same wonderful flavor which was nicely balanced between sweet and peppery from the ginger and tang from hr vinegar. Thanks!
Loved the glaze. The mixture of ginger, honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar was a wonderful combination. Had to cook indoors as it was in the 20's outside. Can't wait to try it again in the summer.