Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe uses breaded chicken. I suggest Chinese Chicken Nuggets for the chicken. This is a tasty stir fry that uses one seasonal ingredient so its it can be a seasonal dish. It can serve 2-4 people depending on the amount of bread chicken pieces used. I use 8-11 pieces per person. This recipe can be doubled.
- 20 -40 chicken pieces (see Chinese Chicken Nuggets)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 meyer lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons washed raw sugar
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, micro grated
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch frozen ginger, mirco grated
- 1⁄2 inch frozen ginger, mirco grated
- 2 -4 green onions, chopped whites
- 1⁄2 large orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Combine the Honey, Teriyaki, Vinegar, Sake, Sesame Oil, Juice from the Meyer Lemon, Sugar, grated Garlic and 1 inch grated Ginger in a bowl. Mix thouroughly.
- Heat the Peanut oil in a wok on medium high. Add the Onions and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for a minute and add the chopped garlic and 1/2 inch Ginger. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the colored bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next increase the heat to med. high and stir fry for another minute.
- Now add the chicken pieces and stir fry for another minute. Increase the heat to high and then add the Honey sauce. Cook for another minute or two.
- Add the chopped Onion greens to the dish. Serve hot from the wok .
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over serving.