Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been making this chicken for years, it is one of my family's favorite dishes. When preparing the sauce, the ginger and all the ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste. The sauce is prepared ahead of time on top of the stove, and just thickened before adding to the chicken, this can even be done well in advance, even in the morning. Once you get a taste of this, it will become one of you favorite chicken dishes! Wonderful served up with white rice. Prep time is for making the sauce, cooking time is for the chicken.
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To prepare the ginger-honey sauce: in a med-large saucepan mix the water, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar and honey (adjust all ingredients to suit taste); bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat, and set aside.
- (This step may be prepare hours in advance, even in the morning).
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake chicken for 40 minutes at 425 degrees; remove from oven.
- Bring the ginger-honey sauce back to a simmer on top of the stove.
- Mix the cornstarch with the cold water to make a paste.
- Add to the sauce, and simmer, stirring until thickened (if you prefer a thicker sauce mix more cornstarch with water, and add to the sauce, until reaching the desired thickness).
- Transfer the chicken to a large casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken; mix with a wooden spoon to coat the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is very tender -- DELICIOUS!
- Serve with rice.