Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very spicy meal I learned from a friend of mine who came here from Thailand when she was 21.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 Thai chiles, chopped with seeds
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ginger (julienne)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 bunch cilantro, cut up 1/2 inch
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add first 3 ingredients till fragrant.
- Add ground pork; cook till no pink.
- Add yellow onion cook about 2 minutes.
- Add green onions; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add cilantro and fish sauce; cook 1 more minute.
- When cooking last 3 ingredients, use your judgment on how you like the firmness of them--you might want to cook more or less. I like mine a little firmer.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Very good, very easy! Sprinkling with some fresh lime juice at the end makes it extra tasty!
This is a really fantastic tasting meal and super easy and quick weeknight meal! I will add a jalepeno as I can't find the chili but with or without it it's still really good!
UPDATE: I make this all the time and it's so good. So flavourful! I just grate the ginger (which I peel and keep in the freezer) and it's a very delicious and quick meal.
This was a 5 star for sure. I followed the directions to a tee. (Sub jar ginger for fresh.) At the very end I did add a bag a stir fry veggies, cooked 5 min. Served with rice. Very tasty. Very good. A little greasy due to the pork. Entire family enjoyed it.