Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is so light and fruity like an Italian Lemon Ice, but...different. The flavors are unique and I wasn't a big huge fan of grapefruit until I got used to it. Some people like the "bite". This is very refreshing on a summer day served while enjoying a breeze.
- 4 large pink grapefruit or 4 large red grapefruits or 4 cups bottled grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3⁄4-1 cup Splenda granular
- Juice the grapefruit or place the juice in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and ginger.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup Splenda to start, adding more (or less) depending on the sweetness of the grapefruit; whisk well to dissolve.
- Pour into a 9" square metal cake pan and freeze for at least 4 hours, stirring every thirty minutes until entirely frozen.
- To serve: Scrape surface with a large metal spoon. Mound into serving dishes and garnish with either lime slices or grapefruit sections.
I made this recipe replacing the Splenda with real sugar. Very refreshing but definitely has a "bite". My two roommates loved it but my boyfriend kept making sour faces. The recipe was good, but as a matter of personal taste too sour for me.