Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From "Everyday with Rachael Ray." I don't even eat seafood of any kind, but I thought this looked like something easy, but good to serve to company as a seafood course.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons ginger preserves
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In large skillet, heat oil over med-high. Add shrimp and stir-fry til partially cooked, 1-2 minute
- Stir in preserves and cook til shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 min more. Remove from heat and toss with lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I read Allybee Z's review and agree that RR's recipe would be a little bland, so I followed Allybee's advice. I heated the oil, stir-fried some bell peppers, then followed the RR recipe. At the end I added about 1/2 t. chili flakes. Next time (and we will make it again--we thought this was quite tasty), I will start by sauteeing a few smashed garlic cloves and a small, finely chopped onion, then add the bell pepper, then complete the rest of the recipe, and finish with about 1 t. chili flakes.
I tried this very same recipe from Rachael Ray. If you havent made it yet, it was ok but, it definitely needs some heat and veggies. Next time i make it, I am going to add red pepper flakes, red bell peppers and snap peas.