Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a must over the holidays or at any time. I have made this recipe using a combo of almonds, walnuts and pecans, you can really just about use any kind of nut for this. The nuts are crunchy, sweet with just the perfect amount of ginger taste! I most always double the recipe to make of 8 cups of nuts, I find that 4 cups just go way too fast. If you don't plan on using the nuts right away you can store them in the freezer in a zip-lock freezer bag. If you want to just kick the flavor up a bit, then add in about 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (no more than 1/4 teaspoon!) These nuts are also great used in salads.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 4 cups nuts
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Add in the brown sugar, fresh ginger, 3 tablespoons water, salt and ginger powder; cook until the brown suagr is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add in nuts; stir until coated.
- Spread the nuts in a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally for about 25 minutes until golden; cool completely.
Wow, these are highly addictive. I made just as written and they only thing I would do differently next time is to double the batch. This one went way too fast. I made with a mix of cashews, pecans and almonds.