Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty and quick chicken dish for when you're in a hurry.
- 4 1⁄2-5 ounces fresh ginger (a piece about 6 inches long)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 3 1⁄4 lbs chicken legs (4 whole, halved at the joint)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Using the side of a teaspoon, scrape the skin from the ginger.
- Cut the ginger into 1-inch pieces. Put the ginger, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and process until the ginger and garlic are finely chopped.
- With the machine on, add the teriyaki sauce and process until the mixture is the texture of mustard.
- In a shallow bowl, slather the ginger glaze over the chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a broiler pan, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 20 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Set the chicken skin side up and broil for about 1 minute to crisp the skin.