Ground ginger makes these carrots surprisingly tasty! The recipes comes from McCormicks spices.
Make and share this Ginger-Glazed Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet combine carrots, water,and 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are nearly tender.
- Drain; return to skillet.
- In a small bowl combine honey,orange juice, ginger,salt,and nutmeg.
- Pour over carrots.
- Add the remaining butter.
- Cook,uncovered,5 to 6 minutes more or until carrots are tender,stirring to glaze carrots.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
We really enjoyed these carrots. I had to use frozen sliced carrots and juice from 2 tangerines but it worked perfectly. Next time, I'll use the baby carrots because the photo looks so nice. Thanks Barb for sharing this great recipe.
Delicious! Very sweet and buttery carrots. I think that next time I will julienne my carrots so the glaze will really sink in to them and they'll cook faster. Thanks for a great recipe!
These were excellent, and one of the best carrot recipes I've fixed. I've fixed them several times, and never followed the recipe precisely. I cooked them IN SALTY WATER, and boiled them, because I prefer salting them when cooking. The first time I made them, I added the sauce after taking the carrots out of the water while they were still warm. I just fixed them again, and had actually refrigerated the carrots overnite. I fixed the sauce; poured them over the already cooked carrots; nuked them until warm. They are still delicious, regardless. Thanks, Barb, for a wonderful carrot dish. Eventually, I'll try them exactly like you posted the recipe. I'm convinced that this recipe cannot be messed up, no matter what you do.