Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this and served them at Easter and was told by several people that they liked these even though they normally don't like cooked carrots. Use Vernor's ginger ale instead of Canada Dry if you can find it. It's definitely worth it. Also, make sure to reduce the sauce down enough that it will stick to the carrots. Too runny and it will pool in the bowl.
- 453.59 g bag baby carrots
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 340.19 g can ginger ale (non-diet)
- Steam the carrots using a rice cooker/steamer until they are tender, but not mushy.
- While the carrots are steaming, grate the ginger.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the ginger.
- Saute the ginger until fragrant.
- Add the ginger ale and the brown sugar.
- Reduce until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
- Put the carrots into a bowl, pour the sauce over them and toss to coat.