I came up with this and served them at Easter and was told by several people that they liked these even though they normally don't like cooked carrots. Use Vernor's ginger ale instead of Canada Dry if you can find it. It's definitely worth it. Also, make sure to reduce the sauce down enough that it will stick to the carrots. Too runny and it will pool in the bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam the carrots using a rice cooker/steamer until they are tender, but not mushy.
- 2While the carrots are steaming, grate the ginger.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the ginger.
- 4Saute the ginger until fragrant.
- 5Add the ginger ale and the brown sugar.
- 6Reduce until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
- 7Put the carrots into a bowl, pour the sauce over them and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g