Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a great vegetable addition to any meat or chicken dish. I found this recipe in a magazine and make it quite often. Easy and delicious.
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat 1" of water to boiling, add carrots.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Cook brown sugar, butter and ginger in same saucepan over med heat, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Stir in carrots.
- Cook 2-4 minutes over low heat, stirring now and then until carrots are glazed and hot.
This side dish was a bit different from those I've had before as the carrots were thinly sliced. Aside from the time required to thinly slice the carrots, this dish was extremely quick and easy to make. I loved the sweet ginger flavored glaze on the carrots! My husband and daughter however, did not care for the ginger. Next time, I'll make half without ginger and the other half with ginger which should satisfy all at our table. I would recommend this recipe to anyone that enjoys the flavor of ginger.
This recipe really wasn't that great for me. I usually love ginger, but I found the ginger way too overpowering for me. The glaze came right off my carrots and I couldn't even taste the butter or brown sugar. I felt like I was just eating carrots and ginger. This sounded promising, but it's just not the recipe for me.