Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These carrots are lightly sweet and low in fat. The recipe is from a Betty Crocker cook booklet March 1994.
- 3 cups carrots, 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- Place the carrots, water, wine, butter and ground ginger in a 10-inch skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until carrots are glazed.
Used apple juice and freshly grated ginger. Nice and simple, tasted fabulous, and the ingredients were already at hand. Thanks for sharing!
We enjoyed these tasty carrots Paula They were quick and easy to make. I used a combination of white wine and apple juice and the rest of the listed ingredients. Really tasty sauce, with soft and tender carrots and just the right amount of spice. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe for glazed carrots.
these carrots have a great flavor and are easy to make! Just one skillet; no steaming, draining, etc. I opted to use the dry white wine. The glaze is perfect; not too heavy and not too sweet. The ginger goes so well with the carrots. Thanx, Paula! I'll make these again.