Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 16 jumbo shrimp, With Shell
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 piece ginger (Ginger should be 1 inch long, peeled and minced.)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 green onions (Green Onions/Scallions should be trimmed and thinly sliced (Green)
- salt & pepper
- Slit the shrimp up the back with a sharp knife and remove the vein.
- Do not shell the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a wok or wide heavy skillet.
- When the oil is rippling, throw in the shrimp and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain very well.
- Return 1/2 T oil to the wok.
- Throw in the shrimp along with the ginger, garlic, and onions.
- Stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Stir-fry for an additional 20 seconds.
- Serve at once.