Recipe by JustJanS
This is called a salad, and it's good, but it's more like a stir-fry served over greens. I'm posting it for Daydream who is looking for prawn and salad type appetisers for Christmas.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g raw prawns, peeled,deveined,tails intact
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 g snow peas, topped and tailed and sliced
- 100 g green beans, cut into short lengths
- 500 g watercress, well washed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cornstarch and a little of the stock and stir until smooth, Add the remaining stock, soy and sugar.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add a tablespoon of oil, swirling it around to coat the wok.
- Stir-fry the ginger, garlic onion and prawns over high heat for 5 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Remove from the wok.
- Reheat the wok, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the carrot, celery, snow peas and beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the stir-fry sauce into the wok, and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Return the prawns to the wok and stir for 1-2 minutes to re-heat through.
- Serve on a bed of watercress with the peanuts sprinkled over.