Recipe by Charlotte J
My daughter made this for lunch today and it tastes fantastic! She found it in the Jan/Feb 2005 issue of Quick Cooking.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great blend of flavors. I made this just as written, but I used 16 oz of linguine. Makes a nice main dish or side dish. The parmesan cheese is a nice touch, but if you don't have any, it's still great without it. Thanx for posting this recipe; it's a keeper!
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in the onions, ginger, garlic, basil and cayenne pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.