Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
I have recently been looking for new green bean recipes. We love them but get tired of eating them the same way over and over. I found this on greenbeansnmore.com. You need a steaming apparatus for this recipe.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I used asparagus beans which are mutant sized pole beans that can grow as long as 24 inches. I cut them in off the vine when they are about 12 inches in length, and then I cut them into 1 inch segments. This recipe had a tad too much ginger for me, but it was still very good.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 4 -6 cups water, boiling
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the beans, trim the ends, and cut into 2" pieces.
- Arrange beans over vegetable steamer and place over boiling water. Cover and steam 5 minutes, until the green beans are tender crisp. Drain beans and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil over low heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté 3 minutes ,or until tender. Add chicken stock, stir. Add beans, cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally.