Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very attractive presentation and a great flavor. Serve one per person if they have huge appetites or cut in two and serve a half bird to each person.The veggie stuffing is under a separate posting
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1⁄2 cup ginger orange marmalade
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- vegetable stuffing (for Cornish Hen)
- vegetable oil (for brushing the birds)
- 1 orange, sliced
- Wash the hens and dry.
- Salt and pepper the hens.
- Stuff the birds with the vegetable dressing.
- Cover the birds loosely with foil and bake in 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Mean while mix the marmalade and garlic in a small pot to melt the marmalade.
- Paint the birds with the glaze, decorate with the orange slices and continue baking for 15 minutes or until golden and the birds are done (watch you don't burn the birds).
I find that Bergy has a termendous amount of wonderful recipes and will be trying the cornish game hens with my own combination of a few recipes. Thanks so much! The Canadian on the other coast!