Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Posting this recipe so I can find it later. Sounds scrumptious.
- 12 medium scallions, coarsely chopped
- 6 inches piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 6 lbs chicken parts
- Combine scallions, ginger, garlic and 6 tablespoons of the soy sauce in a food processor and process for 2 minutes. Add remaining 6 tablespoons soy sauce, honey, five-spice powder and pepper to taste and process until well mixed.
- Combine chickens and honey mixture in a large bowl and toss to coat. Place chicken, skin side down, in a large baking dish. Drizzle honey mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn chicken, baste with sauce and bake for 45 minutes longer, or until chicken is cooked through.