Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious way to prepare broccoli with a hint of the orient. This recipe is suitable for low carb diets such as South Beach ( phase 1 and beyond) or Atkins (phase 2,3 & 4) Total carbs as prepared 7 grams, fiber 1.5 grams. Calories per serving 117. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced and peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl mix chicken broth, soy sauce and white wine vinegar, set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan heat canola and sesame seed oil over medium high heat.
- Saute garlic, ginger and almonds until golden.
- Add Broccoli and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, chicken broth, and vinegar mixture, toss broccoli and garlic nut mixture.
- Then continue to to stir broccoli until crisp tender for @ 3-5 more minutes.