A delicious way to prepare broccoli with a hint of the orient. This recipe is suitable for low carb diets such as South Beach ( phase 1 and beyond) or Atkins (phase 2,3 & 4) Total carbs as prepared 7 grams, fiber 1.5 grams. Calories per serving 117. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced and peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1In a small mixing bowl mix chicken broth, soy sauce and white wine vinegar, set aside.
- 2In a wok or large saute pan heat canola and sesame seed oil over medium high heat.
- 3Saute garlic, ginger and almonds until golden.
- 4Add Broccoli and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add soy sauce, chicken broth, and vinegar mixture, toss broccoli and garlic nut mixture.
- 6Then continue to to stir broccoli until crisp tender for @ 3-5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger & Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 302.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
white wine vinegar