Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. I love ginger, this sounds great to me, mixed with lemon and orange juice, yummy. Please note: cooking time is chilling time.
- 85.04 g ginger, 8-inch piece, fresh, peeled and chopped (Adrak)
- 236.59 ml sugar (Cheeni)
- 709.77 ml water, cold (or Club Soda)
- 236.59 ml lemon juice, fresh (Nimbu Ka Raas)
- 354.88 ml orange juice, fresh (Santra Ka Raas)
- 12 ice cubes
- Combine ginger, sugar and 1 cup of water in a heavy deep-pan and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into another pan and allow to cool.
- Now add lemon juice and orange juice and refrigerate until needed.
- Just before serving, add cold water or club soda and ice-cubes.
This is SO AMAZING!! The ginger has a nice KICK. I added club soda to mine...spicy, fruity, not too sweet, not too sour, absolutely perfectly refreshing!! I saved my ginger & made another batch of simple syrup. ;) Made for Aussie Recipe Swap 5/13.