Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT 7-Pacific Islands (Fiji).
- 2 -3 lbs red snapper, grouper (or any firm white fish) or 2 -3 lbs cod (or any firm white fish)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- parsley, coriander or slivered gingerroot (to garnish)
- Rinse & dry fish well.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze, rubbing juice into fish, inside & out Refrigerate for about an hour then rub with vegetable oil and place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a blender, mix thoroughly soy sauce, corn oil, white wine, garlic, sugar and ginger. Pour over fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until the fish flakes easily and juices are opaque. Baste frequently with sauce.
- Garnish & serve.
We loved this flavorful fish! I used tilapia and cooked it for only about 30 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
This is a keeper! I used tilapia filets. Flavors were wonderful. Quick and easy recipe. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
Love ginger with fish, and this recipe sounded so good, so I had to try it. The ingredients work really well together, but next time I think I'll marinate the fish in the mix that you bake the fish in. This made for a very enjoyable dinner on a weeknight after work. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT7. I modified the review to correct the apostrophe thing that happens when you copy and paste from word. It showed up as a bunch of numbers and symbols, and I corrected it when posting my reviews to my review cookbook.