- 2 -3 lbs red snapper, grouper (or any firm white fish) or 2 -3 lbs cod (or any firm white fish)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- parsley, coriander or slivered gingerroot (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse & dry fish well.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze, rubbing juice into fish, inside & out Refrigerate for about an hour then rub with vegetable oil and place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a blender, mix thoroughly soy sauce, corn oil, white wine, garlic, sugar and ginger. Pour over fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until the fish flakes easily and juices are opaque. Baste frequently with sauce.
- Garnish & serve.