Recipe by Fuji
note: preparation time and ingredient measurements are approx. only. use more soya sauce or oyster sauce to your taste.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This recipe showcases the wonderful taste of fennel with pork. I doubled the recipe and added some chopped baby bok choy and scallions. Also used up a stir-fry sauce I had on hand -- a combo of oyster and soy sauce with a few other ingredients -- and the end result was perfect. Thanks for posting another great way to use fennel.
- 200 g pork fillets
- 2 cm fresh ginger (about the size of your thumb)
- 1 (150 g) fennel
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce (preferably Japanese)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- cooked rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- slice onion, garlic, ginger.
- slice fennel thinly.
- slice pork into thin strip.
- heat oil in a wok/pan.when hot add onion, garlic, and ginger. stir fry until fragrant and soften.
- add pork and stir fry until cooked through (about 5 minutes).add fennel,oyster and soya sauces.keep stirring to coat everything in the sauces.add a table spoon of water or more if the sauce is too thick.
- serve immediately with rice.