Recipe by English_Rose
A nice twist on the original pairing of duck with orange. Times do not include marinating.
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
For the marinade
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
For the salad
- 2 red onions, peeled, halved and sliced very thinly
- 4 large sweet oranges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Score the duck skin in diagonals with a sharp knife and place in the mixed marinade ingredients for about an hour.
- Segment the oranges removing all skin and pith.
- Mix oranges with the finely sliced onion along with any juice that has accumulated, leave to steep whilst you cook the duck.
- Heat a dry frying pan and place the meat in skin side down. Cook for around fifteen minutes, turning occasionally until done to your liking.
- Leave duck to rest whilst arranging the salad onto a plate.
- Slice duck and arrange on top of salad, sprinkle with salt and parsley.