1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy recipe for the more adventurous cooks. Duck is a nice change from chicken. I think you'll enjoy this if you try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Partly thaw duck, pry open cavity and remove as much fat as possible.
- 2Rub with some soy and ginger and thaw completely.
- 3Place in deep casserole (dutch oven).
- 4Add remaining soy and ginger.
- 5Add water to cover duck and bring to a boil.
- 6Simmer 1 hour then drain.
- 7(Liquid can be defatted and used as stock).
- 8Place duck on rack and roast at 450 for 1/2 hour until crisp.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Duck
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2099.0
- Calories from Fat 1810
- Total Fat 201.2 g
- Saturated Fat 67.6 g
- Cholesterol 388.1 mg
- Sodium 2334.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 62.8 g