Leslie in Texas's Note:
These cookies are large,moist and dark from molasses, perfect for the cookie jar! From the R.S.V.P. section of a September 1986 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the historic Jackson Hotel in Poncha Springs, Colorado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using electric mixer, cream butter,sugar and molasses; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 2Beat in remaining ingredients; do not overmix.
- 3Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Line baking sheets with parchment;form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- 6Arrange on prepared sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- 7Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- 8Bake until just firm to touch, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9Cool completely on rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Drops
Serving Size: 1 (1361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 145.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g