Recipe by ellie_
These are great for adding to packed lunches. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1986)
Top Review by Sharon123
I love the taste of ginger and molasses. This was a nice chewy cookie. The dough was a little thin, and the cookies melted into one another, but who cares? They were good. Thanks Ellie!
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and molasses. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in remaining ingredients but don't over mix.
- Refrigerate dough, covered, for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Arrange balls on prepared cookie sheets, spacing one inch apart. Flatten cookies with a floured fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until done and firm to touch.
- Let cool on cooling rack before serving.