- 2 ounces gingerroot (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak ginger root in cold water for a few minutes to make it easier to remove outer skin.
- Remove skin and cut into quarters.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor with a steel blade and blend until smooth.
- (Divide ingredients in half and blend each half separately if food processor will not handle entire recipe.) Refrigerate.