Recipe by Mardimus
The Mustard Seed's Ginger Dressing Great for Salad or half and half with Ranch dressing. Great to cook with chicken I served this with asparagus and it went great together.
Top Review by alligirl
Wonderful salad dressing recipe; I'm interested to try it with chicken also. I reduced the recipe by half, and the spicy tangy dressing is a wonderful foil for a simple salad. I grated the onion on a small micro-plane, to make it very fine. I also used my hand blender (boat motor) to mix all, instead of a blender, which worked just fine. Reminiscent of a dressing I used to enjoy at a restaurant that has been long closed, this brings back happy memories! Thanks for sharing, Mardimus.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced and peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted*
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- *Roast the seeds in a dry frying pan over med heat until just turning color - stir constantly - and until they start to smell yummy).
- Using a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the soy sauce and vinegar. Blend for 1 minute or until creamy and completely blended. Then add the soy sauce and vinegar and blend for 30 more seconds. I typically whisk for 30 seconds
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- To cook chicken in it:.
- Cut up your white chicken meat in strips.
- Fry in HOT oil until almost done.
- Add dressing (1/4 -1/2 cup depending on how much you're making).
- Cook until done (don't over cook or it will seperate the dressing). Add more dressing if desired.