Recipe by Alley Barbie
This cream cheese dip sings with fruit flavors! http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=36989&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=cheese%20appetizers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 pears
- 2 red apples
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, honey and gingerroot in medium bowl with spoon until creamy. Fold in pineapple. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Mix orange juice and water. Slice pears and apples. Dip pears and apples in orange juice mixture; drain.
- Sprinkle almonds over cream cheese mixture just before serving. Serve with pears and apples.
- Make the Most of This Recipe.
- Boost the flavor of this easy fruit dip when you use lemon yogurt instead of plain.
- To toast almonds, heat oven to 350°F Bake in an ungreased pan about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.