Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Phase 1 Recipe for The South Beach Diet. I'm always looking for more variety in cooking Pork Tenderloin. This one is a flavorful treat from the South Beach SuperCharged Book.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, sour cream, ginger, thyme, and a pinch of salt; set aside.
- Make several 1/4" slits in pork loin. Slip garlic into slits. Brush loin with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add pork loin and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread mustard mixture over pork, then transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until a meat thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 150, about 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer pork to a cutting board; loosely cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.