Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this one yet, but I love spiced or ginger cookies, and this one's a bit different. The number of cookies you end up with, as well as the baking time, will vary depending on the size of the cookie cutter you use. From Eden Organic Foods.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup barley malt syrup
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine oil, barley malt syrup, maple syrup and hot water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining (dry) ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Roll out thin between wax paper and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.