- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the bread crumbs and cook another minute.
- Add the broth and cauliflower and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the parsley, and toss well.
Great way to get some flavor into cauliflower! I added shredded chicken, brown basmati rice, and some extra broth for a main dish.
high praise for this great recipe! not spicey--medium mild if you ask me. I couldn't resist adding 2 crushed cloves of garlic to the spice mix which makes it soooo good. Timing instructions were very helpful.
We liked this... a wonderful curry and ginger taste that is a flavour explosion in your mouth, this one won't be for fussy eaters. The taumeric plays it's part too and we enjoyed this zippy way of dressing up cauliflower. The reason I gave it 3 stars is mainly because these flavours are very very intense, whilst we liked it, I would need to tone it down somewhat for less brave guests... and the kids.. well, little fusspots, they wouldnt touch it. This would be a recipe that I would gladly make again, but not one that would suit us to have too often becuase the flavours are rather in your face. DH and I were both pleased to have tried this and it's tucked into my recipebook for when we feel that we need a DEFINIATE change from the usual cauliflower cheese sauces etc. Thanks !