Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe i found in a magazine years ago, but could not get it as crunchie as i liked, so a few alterations and i have come up with this.You can use light corn syrup instead of golden syrup for a less hard biscuit
- 275 g flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 175 g butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to gas mark 3.
- Grease baking sheet and place in fridge.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger,and Cinnamon in a large bowl and stir in sugar.
- Put the syrup, butter, and milk in a saucepan and heat gently, till melted, then bring to boiling point and turn off.
- Pour butter mixture into flour mixture and mix well.
- (if too dry add a little more milk).
- Take pieces and roll with hands into walnut size pieces.
- Place on baking tray and flatten slightly with hand.
- Place well apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 15 mins and allow to cool on trays.