Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe from that old 1960s parish cookbook. I like it because it's not overly sweet.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream 4 ounces of the butter/margarine with the sugar.
- Stir in the flour and ginger.
- Press mixture into a 7x11 inch baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Place the remaining butter/margarine, syrup and confectioner's sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Pour the topping over the ginger crunch and leave to set.
- Cut the ginger crunch into squares or fingers.