Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Apparently ginger is good for you, so I have started making this
Make and share this Ginger Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter, soft (9 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- turn oven to 180 degrees.
- grease a 20cm tin.
- beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- sift flour, ginger, baking powder into a bowl.
- mix and knead until smooth.
- press it firmly in tin.
- bake for 20 minutes.
- put butter, icing sugar, golden syrup, ginger in small pan.
- heat gently, stirring, until it's melted.
- when base is cooked, take it out of the oven.
- pour topping over.
- leave until cooled, then slice.
Rich buttery taste. Didn't taste the ginger much. This recipe is the reason I joined Recipe Zaar !!
yum yum I use to make this years ago so happy that Ive found the recipe again