- 175 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 160C (180C fan forced) and line a baking tray with paper.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan, remove from heat, stir in sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and spice into saucepan until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls then roll in sugar.
- Place on the tray and flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.