Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another recipe from my paternal grandmother.
- 175 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger (fresh is optional and stronger though)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for rolling)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan, remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar and add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour,baking powder, salt, ginger and spice into saucepan until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of micture into balls then roll in sugar.
- Place on a lined tray and flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 12 minutes or until golden.