Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comes right out of Mrs. Claus's Kitchen
Make and share this Ginger Crinkles recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml hard margarine, softened at room temperature
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml dark corn syrup
- 118.29 ml mild molasses
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar, for coating
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees fahrenheit (190 degrees celsius). Put the first 5 ingredients into a bowl. Beat on low speed until smooth. Add the next 6 ingredients, stir with a spoon until moistened.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch (3.5 cm) balls.
- Put the remaning sugar into a small bowl. Roll the balls 1 at a time in the sugar to coat them.
- Arrange the balls on the ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let stand for about 2 minutes before removing the cookies to waxed paper lined on the counter. Cool competely. Store in a container with a lid.
I made these as a gift and added a handful of oats as I am so obsessed with texture , also decorated them !! I rarely see dark corn syrup here so used golden syrup instead. Great cookies !!