Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent served with fruit, a wedge of cheese and a cup of tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 2⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup additional heavy whipping cream, to brush muffins
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to sprinkle on muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and crystallized ginger in a bowl.
- Stir in the gingerroot.
- Add in enough of the 1 2/3 c whipping cream so that the dough forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Drop the dough (about 1/4 c) 1" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Brush each with whipping cream.
- Sprinkle each with sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and put on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
These were a really nice addition to brunch with the ladies. I will make them again, for sure!