Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the local paper; suggested to go over seared tuna steaks, but versatile enough for many other dishes.
- 3 cloves shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- Melt butter in lg pan; saute shallots.
- Add wine and chicken broth; warm through and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add whipping cream and simmer gently a few more minutes.
- Reduce heat again, add salt, pepper, ginger, and lime juice; warm through.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and serve.
This is the PERFECT sauce for tuna. I made half of recipe. To get it to thicken does take some time. I never seed or skin a tomato-but I did chop it up fine and mixed it with the green onion and let it drain in a collander while I put together the rest of meal. The flavor of lime and fresh ginger cream on grilled tuna with the tomato and onion on top is something you would find in a high priced restaurant. Thank Winkki!
This was wonderful over seared tuna that DH caught off the coast! I used walla walla sweet onion for the shallots and the green onion, followed everything else to a tea. I also ate some of it on my roasted taterrs. DH raved over it too, Thanks for a keeper Winkki!